STATUS:

STATUS:
Whaddaya think?

Click Me

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life in Setia Alam

Location: Fried Chicken (KFC), TESCO Setia Alam
Status: Stomach filled up with chicken rice set
Mood: Seemingly indifferent towards the fact that first day of work is starting in a few hours

Have been in Setia Alam for a few days now. So far I think life has been quite okay. Nothing much going on as I haven't started work yet (fyi, i start tomorrow =D) but anyway I just went to church today for the first time here. It's a church in Klang called Glad Tidings Assembly, which is actually Pastor Gideon's church.

The church is fine I suppose, the worship team does a good job and the pastor preaches quite well. I kinda learned a little something new today during the sermon which really opened my eyes. He shared from the book of Deuteronomy chapter 30 I think, about the anointing oil of God. The formula was specifically designed by God and He instructed Moses that he is not to reproduce anything like it.

This brings me to the point that really spoke to me. The pastor said, we are to manifest God's anointing in our lives, and not to manufacture it. Which reminds me that sometimes we unknowingly have the impression that the worship team is to create the presence of God in the sanctuary; but then in fact what the worship team really is supposed to be doing is to let God just work THROUGH us as a manifestation of His work IN us.

Okay, I think that sounded a little complicated. I hope you get what I'm driving at. Heh.

All that aside, I think life is pretty routine here, but my job is not to make it routine. =D Might be making a little road trip down next weekend. Hope it works out. *fingers crossed*

p/s: This is the 1st time here that I'm paying for my own meal. lol

13 comments:

Josiah & Renae; said...

lucky you. So blessed got ppl to treat you hor. Haha!

Do come PENANG!

joe said...

haha. MUST come!

Josiah & Renae; said...

eh? thought you offline dy? haha. okay. come!

Ivan Gan said...

Oi Josiah! remember me or not? Ivan Gan here from MIP? I'm currently staying/working @ PJ. Heard you're in KL now. Got lots to catch up with you. Mayb can meet up soon after working hours. Get my hp number from ur gf. Thx. See ya soon.

Josiah & Renae; said...

Ivan : gave your number to him already. Let's see what he will do. Haha!

mydragoon said...

hello... just to share... the Setia Alam residents have a community forum at:
http://forum.setiaalam.net. :)

Josiah & Renae; said...

wow. not bad huh. haha!

joe said...

ivan:

yo man. remember you. i work in setia alam tho. u in kl?

Bee:

i arranged with my housemate dy. he going penang this weekend. so he will fetch me 2 the bus station tho. =)

mydragoon:

oh cool! r u from setia alam 2?

Josiah & Renae; said...

YAY YAY YAY! triple yay! but wait. he coming pg when u cant tumpang him? hmmm

Josiah & Renae; said...

weird. no ads lar.

Josiah & Renae; said...

hows terminator?

joe said...

mew. really hope can come tho. =)

Horlic said...

TQ for your updates on Setia Alam.. sure alot of property investor or first time home buyer are searching feedbacks from setia alam residents before make their decision to buy one at Setia Alam.