Well, tomorrow is my internship presentation... Dr. Shark is coming to evaluate me. I do wonder how the visit will be like, since he's notoriously famous in class for his "grilling" (he uses that to determine our attendance!). He's a cool lecturer though... Hopefully and prayerfully will be able to get through this well =)
Monday, December 14, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Finally went to watch the most hyped up blockbuster of the season, 2012. In fact the movie had so much hype surrounding it to the point that tickets all over Malaysia were being snapped up the very moment the counters open. Even in Ipoh itself, tickets for the whole day were all SOLD OUT when the gf and I reached the counters at approximately 5 p.m., but fortunately there were still tickets to watch "A Christmas Carol" (which was pretty nice).
- Basically the idea is that everyone dies, leaving no room for survival. Otherwise, the survivors are desolate, living in a world that is neither dead nor alive.
- This picture is basically seconds before a tsunami strikes... I guess you get the picture.
- Nail-biting from beginning to end, makes you go "Oh crap..." for the whole show. A brilliant twist in the movie always does good. Makes you go like, "Whoa, I never thought of it that way... Ingenious..."
- The hallmark of a good, if not brilliant movie lies in its ability to make you ponder about your own life. It helps you to relate it to yourself. Would you be able to keep your marbles together if you are faced with the same situation?
- But somehow you just knew that a really really long limousine would be able to drive past the falling buildings and make it on time before the building came down.
- And you would be able to predict that the jet planes would be able to take off in the last moment despite having a limited runway.
- Oh yes, and not to forget. The Indian man who provided them with the information that saved them all was betrayed.
- There are 5 minutes left. You are the only person who can save everyone on the ship. But you still have the time to share a long passionate kiss with your wife and argue with your son about whether he should follow you or not. Good job, now you've got 2 more minutes!
- Seconds before a tsunami is going to hit you. You are with your whole family, whom you will never see again. The first thought, "I'm gonna call my best friend to remind him that he betrayed me!!" =.=
- You actually have cell phone reception at a time of a tsunami attack. =.='
- Before dying, the man looks to his son... calls his name, looks like he's about to say something touching... they all die. =.=''
- Scientist tries to woo president's daughter. They are in an ark, and you can't get OUT to even the decks. President's daughter asks, "Are you asking me OUT?". =.='''
- The inspirational President's last words before death were "Oh s**t!"
Monday, November 16, 2009
Internship is gonna be over. If my calculations are not wrong, it is already week 26 now and we only have a couple more weeks here on internship. I'm ABSOLUTELY going to miss internship and all the luxuries that come with it.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
My parents, the Gf, my car, church, my internet connection, my mobility, doing crazy stuff, pranking people, Kelana Jaya station at 7 p.m., Murni's, Pringles from US, nice food trips with gf, futsal, watching football matches, our old CG, COP Tronoh, Crash n Burn, Civil gang...
Thursday, October 8, 2009
I haven't been having internet access lately. But I can see that God has been continually blessing me. Work is getting more and more interesting. I'm also spending a day in the office. =D So I can use the office network.
Today mum called me up and told me that I just won 3 FREE TICKETS TO WATCH ANY MOVIE IN GSC!!! After getting so many free movie invites, I don't know how I got this but thank you God and DiGi!!!
But since bro is having loads of exams and tests lately, and dad and mum need some rest, hopefully they will be able to catch a movie together or something with those free tickets. =)
Also lately I have gotten something that I have been wanting for a long time. So this is a BIG thank you to God and everyone =D
Thursday, October 1, 2009
I'm onlining from my office public computer. Unable to upload any pictures here. But yeah, went to collect some awesome tickets yesterday to catch the "All-American Rejects" LIVE in concert!! woots!!!!!
Oh and it's gonna be awesome, since my other favorite band (Pop Shuvit) is gonna be featuring alongside the rejects. Oh well, the best wishes goes out to first and foremost, the gf for her internship application. God always has the BEST plan for you and I will be praying for you! =D Secondly, to Aaron Lai and Hui Xuan for their 3 month stint in Italy. May God be with you two as you sample the life in Florence. =) and lastly, to everyone else for the remainder of this semester!!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
This is really sad. I will not be able to blog for I don't know how long as I suddenly cannot use my phone as modem any longer. Oh well... Anyways I'm typing all this from the computer in my office while having a nice warm cup of free Milo from the vending machine while Michael Buble's "Sway" is playing in the background.
I shall try and blog from here every once in a while until I get good connection. Anyways, to gf and all her tormented coursemates who will be having TP test tomorrow, may God bless you and give you good results for it and A GOOD REST afterwards. =D
That's all for now. Gotta go home while the rain is not that heavy now.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
- The country is plagued by corruption in every level of society
- Mediocrity is celebrated and excellence is sidelined
- People who stand up for justice and integrity are charged with threatening internal security or simply silenced.
- We still practice a prehistoric concept of communal-based politics
- Racial tolerence is desired by the people but greatly hampered by those in positions of influence and power
- Religion is utterly misused as a political weapon and a vehicle to rally votes
- Cover-ups are rampant while obvious truths are blatantly denied
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Was supposed to have dinner at 6 p.m. today. But since Desmond couldn't make it so we postponed it to 7 p.m. Me, Thean Jern and Lat were waiting for Kee Siong to come to Taman Bahagia LRT station. We waited from 6.30 p.m....
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Tomorrow. At exactly 9 a.m. is the first internship visit. Okay, that is the time my work starts. Makes me feel like I have to wake up even earlier tomorrow, and can't sleep until 8.30 a.m. =(
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Here's a little advertisement for the creators of this game. (I have not been paid to do this!)
Monday, July 13, 2009
Remember that Smirnoff Man United competition that I entered for fun? I can't believe that I won something. Haha.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
The following is the solution I have obtained:There are infinite variables that we can consider. However I have decided to omit the less quantifiable variables which will complicate the calculations, such as food dislikes, allergies, being picky etc.Assumptions:1. All food is at least acceptable to the eater2. Speed varies from one individual to another3. The meal consumed is not for luxury, but rather out of necessity4. Taste (acceptability) and Portion are the only variables that govern the magnitude of speedFirst, we isolate the influence of each parameter on the magnitude of speed.We can see that Taste is directly proportional to Speed while Portion is inversely proportional to Speed.Next, we combine the two variables to support the accuracy of the above method with a simple table.where, -- represents, Extremely Low Speed- Low SpeedO medium Speed+ High Speed++ Extremely High SpeedTherefore, I conclude that:-Speed = Constant x Taste/Portion
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Part 1: Answer the following 4 questions correctly:
i) Name 4 of the Manchester United legendary players.
Ans: Dimitar Berbatov, Park Ji-Sung, Ryan Giggs, Rio Ferdinand
ii) Name the founder of Smirnoff Vodka, and the country Smirnoff originates.
Ans: Pyotr Arsenievich Smirnov, Russia
iii) Complete this sentence, stating the partnership between Smirnoff and Manchester United:
Smirnoff is the official Spirits Sponsor and Official Responsible Drinking Partner of Manchester United.
iv) What is the latest Smirnoff’s Limited Edition bottle called?
Ans: Smirnoff 21 (Manchester United Limited Edition Drinking Bottle)
Take picture of how you 'CELEBRATE LIKE A CHAMPION' and insert it into this Smirnoff digital photo frame provided. In your most creative way, caption the photo as how it was your champion moment.
Battle of the Bands 2009! \m/ Time for some Smirnoff to complete the occasion!