STATUS:

STATUS:
Whaddaya think?

Click Me

Monday, June 29, 2009

Proof The Weather Is TOO Hot

Was at site as usual today and I was feeling pretty sleepy at one point and I got the best wake up call. All of a sudden, and explosion came from the pile driver I was observing. A great deal of hydraulic fluid burst out from the pipes running towards the drop hammer and it all just evaporated in an explosive manner.

Even at a great deal of distance, some of the fluid sprayed onto my safety boots and my hand. Thank God that it wasn't hot. My supervisor said that thing can scald. *phew!*

Post explosion pile driver- Pretty much black

The spillage from the explosion

If you enlarge this picture, you actually can see the fluid (yellowish) gushing out


2 comments:

Josiah & Renae; said...

Poof! Interesting huh?

joe said...

haha.. apperntly i heard this happens every once in a while tho