STATUS:

STATUS:
Whaddaya think?

Click Me

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Scolded" Someone On The Job

Been on site for about a week plus now. Getting darker. =( Yesterday was the hottest ever I experienced for months. Not even UTP was that hot!!


Was taking care of the piling again today in the afternoon after a long morning doing defect inspection. Everything was going so peacefully that I started to feel drowsy. Before I knew it, I was nearly asleep.

Suddenly I became wide awake. Believe God woke me up because immediately something caught my eye. One of the contractors was trying to record an unset pile as SET. Okay, I know this might make some people feel a little lost. LOL, but anyways what the contractor did could potentially make a house collapse if he continued doing that.

Immediately put on my hard hat and went over and tried to look professional *ahem*

He decided to kesi kesi pretend and keep his setting equipment aside (could almost imagine him whistling like in cartoons. LOL). They placed another pile on it and hammered again but this time he took the readings when it didn't set. That was the last straw.

Questioned the person who took the records.

me: Pile tu ada set ke tak?
recorder: (cuak) tak tau...
me: (suspicious look) kenapa tak tau? Nampak macam tak set je...
recorder: (smiles awkwardly) tak tau...
me: (walks away)

Moments later my supervisor came and asked me if anything was wrong and he went over there and scheduled the pile for re-testing. He said I should've scolded the fella and made them redo the thing. I was thinking that is gonna be kinda harsh so I just smiled and agreed with him. Haha

Feel guilty though. =P

12 comments:

FrOz3n Tr3e said...

can't imagine if you scold him eh...hahaha

Josiah & Renae; said...

haha! *imagines joe scolding someone lor*.

joe said...

haha... dun lyk 2 scold ppl oso. will feel weird. some more he's an old guy. but he super cunning wei. LOL

Josiah & Renae; said...

haha. CUNTING!!

joe said...

hahaha... VERY

The Lame Freak said...

ohhh...i tot u work as a flower arranger???

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing, man. Don't need to simply2 scold people. See how easily you can get your point across with a few well-placed (read: tajam) words? Heheh~

BTW, he's the one who should be feeling guilty, not you! =D

joe said...

sam:

wad u mean flower arranger?? lol
i'm a civil engineer. i create targets for mechanical engineering weapons. LOL

hikaru:

haha. tnx dude! =D

The Lame Freak said...

i'm a civil engineer. i create targets for mechanical engineering weapons.
this line is very lame la wei...why would you think of such a lame line wei...

joe said...

sam:

u created that line!!

Henry Yew said...

Joe... why you getting more lame... What happened to your crappiness?

joe said...

haha. c... sam, the line u created is so lame. now ppl think i'm lame.