STATUS:

STATUS:
Whaddaya think?

Click Me

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Most Pointless Thing I Did Today

I normally have my meals in the office. So my meals are kinda like "Kinder Joy" surprises that I get everyday. Never know what's for lunch beforehand. So I kinda realized that the time it takes for me to finish my meal varies from day to day. So, having a lot of time on my hands, I tried to derive an expression to determine the speed of my eating a standard meal.

The following is the solution I have obtained:

There are infinite variables that we can consider. However I have decided to omit the less quantifiable variables which will complicate the calculations, such as food dislikes, allergies, being picky etc.

Assumptions:
1. All food is at least acceptable to the eater
2. Speed varies from one individual to another
3. The meal consumed is not for luxury, but rather out of necessity
4. Taste (acceptability) and Portion are the only variables that govern the magnitude of speed

First, we isolate the influence of each parameter on the magnitude of speed.



We can see that Taste is directly proportional to Speed while Portion is inversely proportional to Speed.

Next, we combine the two variables to support the accuracy of the above method with a simple table.


where, -- represents, Extremely Low Speed
- Low Speed
O medium Speed
+ High Speed
++ Extremely High Speed

Therefore, I conclude that:-

Speed = Constant x Taste/Portion

Perhaps I may be wrong, but I guess. This means I'm probably thinking too much or I'm just too bored and missing Gf too much. =(

8 comments:

Josiah & Renae; said...

hahahahhahaha. wu liao!

So free kah.

joe said...

yea lor. huhu. sometimes itz lyk tt. hehehe. esp during lunch

Josiah & Renae; said...

haha. so bored meh. yummy food!

joe said...

haha. want yummy food in seoul garden!

The Lame Freak said...

aiya...jz eat n wait for the food to come out from the other end la...

John E said...

haha..

Nabs said...

not bad

joe said...

sam:

lol. can't help it. sometimes when u do engineering, ur brain goes cuckoo once in a while.

john:

hi. lol. started working dy ka?

leslielinda:

haha. i think mayb got some mistakes oso. but i dun care =P