STATUS:

STATUS:
Whaddaya think?

Click Me

Monday, July 20, 2009

My "Malaysian" Weekend

Hi. Haven't been around for the weekend, so this post is kinda delayed a little. Have been doing many things throughout the weekend and it was really fruitful. Gf decided to come down because I got the free tickets for us. But the real story started from friday after work.

FRIDAY

My colleague said, "Hey, stay back a while. The new GM has a treat for us," When I went out, what caught me by surprise was not that it was a durian feast, but the sheer amounts of durian that came. A WHOLE TRUCK came all the way from Penang, carrying a whole load of durians (especially "Red Prawn")

They even had the workers from Penang

Mangosteens and rambutans to cool you down

The other people in the office, normally very reserved and dignified, all of a sudden turn into "hungry ghosts" when they saw the durians.

Crowding around the truck

After grabbing a durian, eat it the traditional Malaysian way!

They eat so fast that at times the shell is left when you get there =(

The "view" outside my office

I myself managed to grab quite a lot of durians despite having to "fight" the others for it. I left at 6.30 p.m. as I didn't want to be late for cell group but I heard later on that the people even stayed beyond 7.30 p.m., still eating durians!

I skipped dinner because I was running late for cell, so Aaron and I decided we would go for makan after cell. But praise God for another blessing. The young adults' pastor bought us pizzas from Domino's so we had free dinner again. =D

SATURDAY

Went to watch the Malaysia XI vs Manchester United match. After lining up for ages just to buy train tickets and squeezing into trains with many red t-shirt-clad people, we reached Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil.

So many people crowding around trying to get in

The rush!

After running up and down a whole lot of stairs, we finally found 2 places where we had a pretty good view, even though my camera couldn't really capture how good the view was.

The lineup being announced

The packed stadium of die-hard devils

Match underway, my camera couldn't catch the celebrations properly =(

The match was really interesting, and whatever others might say, Malaysia performed well by scoring 2 goals, losing 2-3 by a stroke of luck that allowed Michael Owen to score his first goal in months.

Later on we headed down to Berjaya Times Square and had some nice thai food at VERY THAI restaurant. Then finally let gf try Krispy Kreme. Hope she really enjoyed herself though, since it was her 21st birthday the day after. =D If you wanna read more bout the Man United match, Thai food and the Krispy Kreme, you can read this.

All-in-all, it was a wonderful weekend! =D

5 comments:

Josiah & Renae; said...

thank you for everything!

joe said...

haha. welcome bee. hope got more of these kinda trips 2 come!

Josiah & Renae; said...

sure. my 22nd bday lo.

joe said...

haha. b4 that oso can ma

Josiah & Renae; said...

haha. deal then!